July 5, 2011

happy birthday me, happy birthday america

I never really thought about the fact that my birthday is so close to Independence Day until this year. You know when you were little and you would have joint birthday parties? Well me and the land of the free, home of the brave had a party this weekend! Friday after work, we joined some friends at the Katy Trail Icehouse. This place is super cool! They have a huge outdoor patio with misters that is right along the Katy Trail, where people run or walk their dogs. Then we enjoyed dinner at Taco Diner in West Villiage and Lemon Bar after that.



Lori and I at Lemon Bar



The whole group at Lemon Bar.

Mark, Jose, Me, Bill, Lori



On Saturday, me, Lori, and Jose went to Nail Bar in Uptown to get pedicures. Such a fun place! We brought stuff to make mimosas and enjoyed a relaxing morning getting pedis. After that we went to Lori and Aarons apartment to grill and relax by the pool. That night we went to another favorite spot, Victor Tangos. Here you can order a bunch of small, sharing dishes, or just make it your meal. I had to order my favorite thing there, the Chicken and Waffles. YUM! We also had some amazing crab mac & cheese.



*I don't know how to rotate the picture...


Lori, Me, and Mayra at Victor Tangos. Love that big chair!


After dinner we went to a favorite dancing spot, J Blacks Feel Good Lounge. We all were pretty tired from being at the pool and in the sun all day. So, we didn't last long.


All my Dallas favs at JBlacks!

On Sunday Bill and I went to our neighbors friends pool for a going away party. Brian, our neighbor for the past 2 years, is moving tomorrow! He's moving back to his hometown of Amarillo. Bill and I are super sad he's leaving. Lucy will miss Bella dog too! I can hear him loading up the big UHAUL now. :( Anyways, we enjoyed playing water volleyball and hanging out with all of his closest friends. That night, we met back up with the gang and went to watch the fireworks at Kaboom Town in Addison.


Monday we enjoyed a lazy day at home. I did some cleaning and organizing around the house. I got some kabobs to grill, as well as some veggies and corn. I also made a strawberry pie! It was a good way to end the 4th.


I was lucky enough to be off today as well. So, I'm just being lazy and enjoying my last day off. I might get out later to go to the Post Office.... may not have time. :)


Happy 4th, yall!








No comments:

Post a Comment