July 19, 2011

tasty tuesday: parmesan polenta & spicy sausage sauce

Today I'm sharing a recipe I made a couple weeks ago. Parmesan Polenta & Spicy Sausage Sauce. I had never made polenta, and pretty sure I had never even tasted it. So, I thought I would give it a try. Result: super yummy! The polenta was creamy and paired well with the spicy sauce. This recipe calls for chicken sausage. I have never been a big fan of Italian sausage or bratwurst types of sausage, but I found Johnsonville chicken sausage and it is pretty delish. Plus, its like 50% less fat than regular sausage! This is a tasty, easy dish to throw together for a weeknight. Make some cornbread biscuits to go with it and you've got a meal.



While I was making this dish, I realized this spicy sauce would make a really good spaghetti sauce. Yesterday I made spaghetti, and instead of using the diced tomatoes, I had a jar of regular spaghetti sauce in the pantry. You could still use the tomatoes if you just had that. I don't know about yall, but my spaghetti always comes out sorta watery, like the sauce doesn't stick to the noodles. This sauce was perfect! You could also substitute ground turkey or beef instead of the chicken sausage. I don't think I'll ever use plain spaghetti sauce anymore, that is how much I love this spicy tomato sauce.

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment