July 18, 2011

weekend in rock town

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I had a great time in Little Rock with my family and friends. I pulled into my house around 10pm on Thursday night. As I was unpacking my things, I realized that I had forgotten my hanging bag with ALL my clothes for the weekend! I had a tiny panic attack! The hubs seems to think I did all this on purpose, so I could go shopping. I truly didn't mean to forget them, I was actually really proud I had packed so light and was looking forward to NOT spending much money over the weekend. Oh well. I didn't let it ruin my weekend. I got up early on Friday morning and headed to Target to find some inexpensive options. On my way, I passed Kohl's, so I pulled in. I'll be completely honest, I don't think I've ever bought a single thing at Kohl's. I never go there! I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Lauren Conrad has a clothing line there, and there are some really cute things! Here are a few of my picks...

This is a really cute ruffled blouse. It has cute cap-like sleeves and a tie waste. I found a pair of cuffed jean shorts to wear it with. I was super excited to find jean shorts that I like. I plan on wearing those a lot the rest of this long, hot summer!

I also got this really cute striped maxi dress. This might be my new favorite dress for the summer! I was super thrilled that it was long enough for me. The only bad thing is that this dress doesn't come in multiple colors!


I also got one more sun dress to wear out Saturday night. I couldn't find a picture of that one, but it was super cute! Looks like I have a new place to shop... watch out Bill!


Ok, so after my clothing fiasco my mom and I enjoyed spending the day with a friend, who is also an interior decorator in LR. She gave me some really good advice on options for our living room. She also complemented me on my bookshelf accessorizing. I haven't lost it yet! We had a nice lunch at a place called YaYa's, then we did a little shopping around for furniture ideas. I am completely ready to tackle this room now! Now, I just need to win the lottery so I can buy all the things I want.


Friday night, we had dinner at an Italian place called Bravo. This place is really good, but we did not have a good experience. My food was very tasteless, and Mom got the completely wrong meal. Luckily we had $75 worth of coupons, so it wasn't like we had to pay full price for something not good. It was a bummer.


On Saturday, Mom and I went for a walk together. It was already super humid and hot at 9am, so we didn't last long. You know, Southern ladies don't like to sweat. :) We got ready, then headed out for a day full of shopping. I needed to exchange a gift I had gotten, and then we just walked around to all the different shops. It was a fun day together. That night we grilled salmon, and had asparagus and sauteed veggies. It was super yummy! Then I met up with my BFF Lori, and her hubby to go watch her brother in-laws band at a place called Cajuns. We had a great time listening to the band and dancing!


Sunday, I woke up and watched the golf tournament with my step-dad, then got ready to go over to see my in-laws. After lunch and visiting with them, I headed out. I made it back to Big D in time for dinner with Bill, and I made him help me move around the furniture so I could see which layout I liked best.


While I was in LR, Bill stayed in Dallas with the pup. He had fun completing all the honey-do's I left him, and hanging out with my dad. They watched baseball one night. Then Saturday they picked up our new bed and put it together. It looks awesome, BTW. Sunday, Bill power washed our back patio and front sidewalk. It's the little things...


It was a great weekend for both of us. This week is already shaping up to be a busy one. Talks are very promising that the NFL will come to an agreement to end the lockout, so we are prepping for training camp. Keep your fingers crossed that we will know something in the next few days. WE. NEED. FOOTBALL.



No comments:

Post a Comment