September 1, 2011

Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon

This week has been a whirlwind! We had our annual managers meeting at work. We bring all 30 plus managers of our Pro Shops into town for a couple of days to talk about the upcoming season, and have a little fun. For the past couple weeks, I've been an assistant buyer/event planner. It was quite rewarding to see the meeting go smoothly, or as smoothly as it possibly could, and that the managers all had a good time. We all met at the stadium for the 1st day. The buying team got to do our presentation that day. We like to have fun, so we came up with a trivia game for them. After the meeting we took everyone to Hard Eight BBQ. I haven't talked much about Hard Eight on the blog, it deserves a post all to itself, but its basically the best BBQ that you can imagine. Then after dinner we all went bowling. It was tons of fun hanging out with all our awesome managers.

The second day we met at our offices. For lunch, all the managers were invited to attend the annual Cowboys Kickoff Luncheon.


This is a pretty special event to get invited to. Actually, most people have to pay for tickets to attend. It is a big benefit for a charity near and dear to the Cowboys and Jones family, Happy Hill Farm Academy. At the event they announced the entire team of players and coaches. They gave away annual awards to players, and coach Garrett and Mr. Jones spoke to get everyone exited about the upcoming season. It was pretty exciting to be around all these people, including past and present players.

Working in this business it is easy to get acclimated, and accustomed to being at events like these, or being around players, coaches, and just Cowboys in general. But, there is always that feeling way down deep inside that is screaming and jumping up and down for joy and excitement when I get to attend something like this. Everyday I wake up, I get to say I work for the Cowboys. I work for the Jones family. I wake up every day and have to earn my Star just like the 'Boys on the field. (cheesy I know) I hope I never take what I have for granted when it comes to this job. It has truly been a blessing, and it is exciting every day to go to work and be a part of the Dallas Cowboys.

What's next? Well, Bill and I are headed to Fayetteville for the Razorbacks season opener! Lost of pics to come next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment