September 13, 2011

catch up: football has begun

oh my goodness. I am so behind on the blog. I've been out of town the past two weekends, and my weeks have been super busy. I wasn't kidding when I said things get busy when football season starts. Two weekends ago Bill and I traveled to Fayetteville, AR for the Razorback's season opener. It was over Labor Day weekend, so we got to enjoy a long weekend with all of our friends. We got into town Friday evening and hung out with friends at an old college hangout. Then Saturday we woke up and had breakfast and got ready for a long day of tailgating. We split our time between some of my friends tailgate and Bill's friends tailgate. The weather wasn't too hot, so it was a perfect way to kick off the football season.


Me with my bestest friends, Michelle and Carla


Old and new friends.



Me and Lori tailgating


Me and Bill before the game


The Razorbacks won but we were all so tired from being out all day tailgating, that we just hung out at Cory's house after the game. On Sunday we woke up and headed to Beaver Lake with Cory and Amber. We met at a friend of theirs lake house to enjoy the day. Unfortunately the weather changed overnight, and it was cold and windy. We enjoyed the day anyways, and stayed the night at the lakehouse.


Since Monday was Labor Day and I took Friday off, I had a quick 3 day week and traveled to Little Rock. I drove down on Thursday night after work by myself. On the drive up, I hit a raccoon on the interstate! It was a raccoon on steroids in my opinion. I decided not to pull over, since I was alone and on a dark interstate. When I woke up the next morning, I found some damage to my brand new car. Bummer! It isn't too bad, but still upsets me a lot.


On Friday, I spent the day with my mom helping her get things ready for a bridal shower we threw on Sunday. Friday night I spent the night over at my best friend Lori and Trevor's house. We stayed up getting all the tailgate food prep done and dancing in the kitchen to our favorite college rap songs. I know, so corny. Bill came down Friday afternoon and went straight to the farm to spend time with his family.


Saturday morning, we got up super early to get ready to leave for the tailgate. We got to the golf course by 7:30am! All the girls rode together, as tradition, and the boys followed. We spend the entire day moving from tailgate to tailgate to see all of our friends. It was super fun, as always! I love LR tailgating. It's taking tailgating to a whole new level.


All the girls at the tailgate. Such a wonderful group of ladies.


On Sunday, mom and I finished the preparations for the shower we were throwing. It began at 1pm and it was lovely. It was good to see some people who I have not seen in a while. After the shower and helping clean-up I got on the road back to Dallas. While the shower was going on, Bill and my step-dad went to play golf.


So, that has been my last two weekends. Football. There is another game in Fayetteville this weekend, but I'm sending my dad in my place with Bill. I just couldn't be gone 3 weekends in a row. I have plenty to do around this house to get ready for fall and the Texas A&M game. We will have lots of company at our house, and want it to be perfect.










No comments:

Post a Comment