August 6, 2011

i'm back!

Hey peeps, I'm back from San Antonio. My stay was extended a little longer than I assumed. I was supposed to come back on Monday, and we ended up staying until Friday! Boy was it a busy, hard-working, long, hot week. The first 2 days we were there, we were busy bees getting everything set up for camp to start on Thursday. I was in charge of one of our merchandise trucks that sat right outside of the Alamodome. This was not a cool job, it was flat out H-O-T-T! If brought a whole new level to sweating it out. The kids that worked on my truck were the best. We made working in the hot SA heat fun, and they surprised me at how much they enjoyed the job. By the time I left on Friday, I felt like I was saying goodbye to my own kids.

This is a picture of the truck I was on most of the time I was there.

The first night we were there, we went to a place called Mi tierra. They are open 24 hours, so it made it a good spot, since most nights we didn't get home and cleaned up until after 10pm. This is officially my new favorite spot in SA. I also learned the its Jerry Jones' favorite spot as well. We ended up eating here twice during out trip.


We did get to enjoy one day off during camp. It was definitely much needed! So, Monday night we decided to go out and have some fun. We explored the Riverwalk and had fun hanging out knowing we didn't have to be up early the next day.


My truck decided to name themselves "Trailer Trash." So, here are my trailer trash peeps! Look how cute they are!

I really never had time to watch much of practice, it was constantly go, go, go. However, on Friday we had a special lunch for all the training camp employees. It was pot luck, and we had some amazing brisket, baracho beans, rice, and desserts. So, everyone got to eat at watch the morning walk-thru before the doors opened.

While this wasn't my first training camp to work, it was my first time to work in the San Antonio part of training camp. It is always a lot of work, and you don't realize how tired you are until you finally get a chance to sit down. But, while its hot and hard-work, it's a lot of fun. And, it sure is good to be talking about football again! Can't believe our first pre-season game is this coming Thursday!


So, that was my training camp experience. I'm super glad to be home and sleep in my own bed, hang out with my hubby, cuddle with my dog, and catch up on my DVRed shows, all while sitting in the AC!!! This week will surely be busy, catching up on email and work I've missed while gone, but I'll try and get back into my blogging routine.


Have a happy weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment