June 24, 2011

a wedding & fathers day

A couple of weekends ago, Bill and I made the trip back to LR for Laura Miller and Scott Geurin's wedding. Laura is one of my best friends (Michelle) little sister. I have been friends with the Miller family basically my entire life. I consider them my own family. So, naturally I wasn't going to miss their wedding. It was a beautiful wedding, and I cried as soon as Mamaw (Laura & Michelle's grandmother) walked down the aisle. Their reception was at The Little Rock Club, which is where Bill and I has our reception. I was so excited to go back to the place we celebrated our marriage 3 years ago! It was, of course, lovely and super fun! Her bridal portrait was even on the same couch I took mine on! :)


The 3 best friends a girl could ask for!

Natalie, Carla, & Michelle

Mrs. Scott Geurin


Last weekend was Father's day. Bill and I treated Dad to a day in Ft. Worth (one of his favorite places on earth). It was SUPER hot, but we made the most of it. We started off early so we could get there in time to see the cattle drive. That was not very eventful, but its funny that they still do it everyday. Then we ate lunch at a place called Lonesome Dove. Bill and I had been there before a couple years ago for my birthday. Its a very unique place. Its owned by Chef Tim Love. He is a popular chef on The Food Network, known for his awesome barbecue. This restaurant serves up different dishes like, kangaroo nachos, fried quail, roasted duck, & other wild game. We had elk sliders and rabbit-rattlesnake sausage for an appetizer, and beef tenderloin enchiladas as an entree. YUM!


Then we walked around the different shops in the Stockyards. We mostly were on the hunt for some boots, but didn't find any. However, we weren't leaving without anything, so Bill and I bought cowboy hats. I'm officially a Texan, says my dad. Then we made our way over to the Amon Carter Museum to look at some art. It was a full day, but we enjoyed spending time with Dad.



Me and Dad with our hats on.

Me with the longhorn. NO I'm not a UT fan!



What's in store this weekend? Not a whole lot. I'm actually looking forward to having NO plans. BUT... next week is my birthday! Get excited!







No comments:

Post a Comment