June 29, 2011

chapter 26

Yesterday was my 26th birthday. It was a great day! I was a little bummed that I had to work on my bday. I'm not sure I've ever had to work on my birthday. Working in retail, I was always able to schedule myself off, or ask for the day off. I guess I could have taken a vacation day, but in reality, it was sorta fun. My co-workers took me to lunch at Taco Diner, one of my favorite places. Then I got a wonderful surprise, FLOWERS! Bill sent me the most beautiful sunflowers. It's always fun to get flowers at work, you get to brag about the occasion and brag on the hubby that sent them to you. :)


My pretty sunflowers at my desk.


After work, I came home and opened my presents. I got lots of goodies, I'll talk about them in a separate post. Then, Bill and I went to eat at one of our favorite Italian places, Ruggeri's. We joke because every time we go to that place, we are literally the youngest people in there. It's just so good, and pretty reasonably priced, and Bill loves that the owner is always there greeting you at the door. I had a big plate of lasagna and Bill had the sausage and peppers. After dinner, since I didn't have a bday cake, Bill took me to Yogurtland by our house. I love that place! Who doesn't love some FroYo?


***You're getting old alert***


After yogurt, we came home to watch the end of the Rangers game/College World Series, and I fell asleep on the couch around 9:45! You know you're getting old when... ha!


I also love birthdays on Facebook. Nothing makes you feel more loved on your birthday than FB. So many posts from people you love, and people you haven't seen or spoken to in years!


This weekend is the true birthday celebration. It's a long weekend and we're looking forward to hanging out with friends, getting some sun, cooking out, and relaxing!




No comments:

Post a Comment