June 13, 2011

back by popular demand

I'm back! Looks like I had more "loyal" followers than I thought. After attending a wedding in LR this weekend, and several people telling me they missed my blog updates, I decided maybe I'll give it another go. I'm not promising I'll be diligent in keeping you up to date, but I'll certainly try. So, here goes another pass at letting friends and family in on what exactly is going on in the Davis household...

I'm not even going to try to catch you up on what's happened in the past months of our lives, so I'll just start off with what is going on right now. Let's talk about the Mavs. THE Dallas Mavericks! Last night was Game 6 of the NBA Finals, and the Mavs were up 3-2. We only had to win one more game to be NBA Champs, and sure enough they did it! This team deserved this. Dirk, Chandler, Jet, Kidd... they have put in their time, and all they needed was that ring. Well, they are going to get it, and Dallas Mavs fans couldn't be more proud.

Bill and I are definitely hometown sports fans. When we moved here, coming from AR, we didn't follow any professional teams. Now we are the biggest Mavs, Rangers, and of course, Cowboys fans there are! This has been one crazy year when it comes to hometown sports. We had the World Series in our backyard with the American League Champs Texas Rangers. Then, Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium. Unfortunately, our Cowboys weren't in that one. Now, the NBA finals. Texans are proud people, and they are for darn sure proud of their sports teams.


Dirk, Kidd, Terry, & Chandler celebrating after the win!


Other than the Mavs winning... we're gearing up for a long, hot Texas summer! It's a scorcher already. I can't walk to my car without sweating. Ugh! We stay cool by enjoying a nice cold Shiner Bock, just like any natural Texan would do. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment