October 12, 2009

christmas list

what? it's only 11 weeks away...

here are a few things that have been on my mind lately:


J.Crew has always been a favorite of mine. I am lucky enough to own a few pieces, but mostly its a little expensive so I just covet most things. My day gets brighter whenever a catalog comes in the mail. I love their styling. What a dream job that would be? To style the J.Crew catalog. Now that I live in a city where there are actual J.Crew stores to shop in, its even more tempting to just drop in and browse all the lovely things. There style is classic and timeless, and that is exactly what I love. So, really anything from J.Crew is awesome! Ok. Here's a fun one. I've heard from a few people that have done these Viking cooking classes at the Viking Cooking School. Well, I did some research and there is one here in Dallas. I think this would be so much fun for Bill and I to do together. They have all sorts of classes from cocktails, to cookie decorating, to the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. I'm always up for learning new techniques, and what a fun way to do it. Here's there website. Check it out. http://www.vikingcookingschool.com/hc-cgi-bin/hc?templ=new_vcs/home.html&nocl=1







I've decided no southern lady should be without the "Southern Bible." Therefore I must have a subscription, right? Subscription link: https://subs.timeinc.net/SL/sl_2rf13for16cntrl0609.jhtml?experience_id=239741&source_id=4&_requestid=431713&_requestid=431713




As long as I have loved Pottery Barn, I have loved these dishes. Who doesn't love reindeer. And who doesn't need Christmas plates? No one! Its not something I need all at once, its more of something I could collect over the years. That is, unless, someone wants to be very generous and buy it all at one time for me... No really, they are so adorable, and a fun way to celebrate my favorite holiday. Available at http://www.potterybarn.com/.



As I was browsing through my Pottery Barn catalog that I got today I saw these lovely little things. I do love the reindeer dishes, but how beautiful are these? Each plate represents the 12 days of Christmas. The catalog describes them as a first course or dessert plate. Very lovely. Also available at http://www.potterybarn.com/.




A magazine ad for these shoes caught my eye several months ago. They are called Reebok Easy Tone. They have these special ball like pads on the bottom of them so that when you walk it works your leg and butt muscles. Uh, hello? Who wouldn't want that? As someone who doesn't enjoy working out and really has no desire to do so, is this not the perfect thing? I tried them on at Dick's Sporting Goods about a month ago, and they are actually pretty darn comfortable. But, the sales guy warned me that it will, in fact, burn my buns. I'm all for trying them out! You can read more about them on Reebok's website. They're available at pretty much any sporting goods store.
Best. Idea. Ever. Have yall heard of this? This was created by Kim Kardashian. Basically you sign up for $40 a month. They send you a pair of shoes every month, and then you send them back for a new pair the next month. You can skip months if you don't want one during a particular month. What girl doesn't want a awesome new pair of shoes every month? Check it out. http://www.shoedazzle.com/
So, that's my "practical list" of Christmas ideas. Now, for my "wishful thinking" list...


*Louis Vuitton purse
*David Yurman ring or bracelet
*a trip to Italy
*Razorback season tickets
*hardwood floors
*Christian Louboutin shoes
All this Christmas wishin' has got me thinking I need to get started shopping! It'll be here before you know it! Merry Christmas everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment