October 3, 2011

feeling crafty: fall wreath part 2

I've been falling behind on my blogging lately. Mostly due to our annual tailgate for the Arkansas vs. Texas A&M game, which was this past weekend. Hopefully I'll do better, but can't make any promises. Don't forget... I told you football season is busy around here. Anyways... if yall will remember several weeks back I told you I got to feeling a little crafty; feeling crafty: fall wreath. I was inspired by a picture I found on Pinterest to create my own Fall wreath. Here is the picture I designed my wreath from.


As described in my previous post, I was surprised at how simple it was to make this wreath. After making my own, I actually made one for a friends wedding shower that I helped host. We hung the wreath at our front door as guests entered. I, of course, used her new last name's initial in place of my own. So here we go, here is a picture of my masterpiece...


Not exactly the same, but I feel like I did a pretty good job. I took fall leaf garland that I bought at Michael's and attached it to a grapevine wreath with floral wire. I also bought 3 "Fall Picks" and stuck those in at random places around the wreath. I feel like the top of the wreath needs a little bit more, maybe another pumpkin. I might add to it. I also bought a plain white initial "D" that I sanded down and spray painted with metallic gold. I attached this with a ribbon.

If you're looking to find a simple fall craft to spruce up your front door, I highly recommend this one. It's super easy and easy to personalize. I'm already looking forward to making one for Christmas.

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment