1) On Tuesday my cousin, Jordan, passed through town on his way back to College Station for school. We had burgers at my dads. It's always good to see him when he's headed to and from A&M. We got to hear all about his week and a half he spent on a submarine for Navy ROTC this summer. I can't believe he's about to start his senior year of college. Makes me feel old. I can't wait for the A&M vs. Arkansas game in October @ Cowboys Stadium. What a fun rivalry!
2) On Thursday night I got to have dinner with Katherine and Trent Crow. They were in town from Little Rock for the weekend. It was so good seeing them. Can't believe it had been since their wedding in November! We ate at El Fenix, then they came over to see our house. Katherine and I have been friends for a very long time, so it was good to catch up.
3) Bill had to do 2 seperate jobs after work this week. But, the good news was, he didn't have to work this weekend. So, he spent Saturday riding his motorcycle to Strawn, TX. It was about a 250 mile round trip. He got to have his favorite, Chicken Fried Steak, at Mary's Cafe in Strawn. He said it was fun. Wish I could have been with him. Glad he got to enjoy his Saturday though.
4) Friday night we had Fat Friday at Dad's. Pot roast, veggies, and sweet tea. Can't beat it. We've also kinda gotten into playing games after dinner. This week we played Rumikub (sp?). Too confusing if you ask me. Of course I had to keep drawing tiles from the pile, and ended up with like 30 tiles. We all eventually gave up because it was getting so hard! Good times though.
5) So, while Bill rode his motorcycle and enjoyed his Saturday, I was at work. We had a pretty good day though. Its starting to pick up a little. One of two things will have to happen in order to have a successful season. Either the economy gets better, or the team gets to the playoffs. I'm praying that we get both! I've been wanting to go to Genghis Grill ever since we moved here, and Saturday I finally convinced Bill to take me there. So fun, we both loved it! I was sorta overwhelmed with the amount of items to choose from, so I stuck with a traditional chicken and fried rice. But you better believe I'll mix it up next time. After dinner we found a ice cream place and had ourselves a little treat. It was marble slab, so I got coffee ice cream with reeses peanut butter cups. HEAVENLY! Mmm, I could eat another right now! To top off the date night, we rented a movie from Blockbuster.
6) Sunday. This morning we got up and went to church. We've visited Dallas Bible Church several times. We really like it. It has been hard to find a church that is not like 30,000 people, or just kinda strange here. This has a good mix of young and old. We like both the main pastors a lot. The people are very friendly and welcoming. I think next week we are going to try and get up earlier and go to the Sunday School class for young adults. We've really been praying to find a church that we belong in, so I'm hoping this is the one. After church, we had a good lunch at Paradise Cafe. Then much to my surprise Bill asked if we could go to the Galleria after lunch. (it was right across the street from P. Cafe) Gee, whats a girl to say? UMMM YES! So we strolled around the mall, and I showed him my favorite stores. I made a good purchase at the Pottery Barn. Finally used my merchandise credit from my wedding gifts, plus a gift card I had from last Christmas. I got a really cute rug for the bathroom, and some tall grass like stuff to put in a pot. Pretty good purchase if you ask me!
So, there it is. Our week. I'd say it was a pretty good week. Looking forward to this week. We have our 1st home pre-season game. Although, we still havn't been told if were getting tickets or not. I'm pretty sceptical, but Bill is holding out hope that we get them this week. The game is Friday night, so we'll see. Cross your fingers. Hope everyone had a great week!