April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter is probably my favorite holiday. It means spring time, warm weather, pretty colors, and new life. Bill and I got to spend Easter in Little Rock this year. As usual, we had a "busy" weekend, trying to fit all we could into 3 days. Taking a trip to LR is no vacation, there is usually a schedule, agenda, or tasks to be done. But, its always fun things, so no complaining here.

This particular trip I got to attend a wedding shower for my long time friend Ashley Gibbs. She is getting married this May at Wildwood Performing Arts Center. I am so excited for her and for her wedding. I haven't been to a wedding shower in SO long. They are usually during football season, and I can't ever get away from work. So, I was super excited about going to this one. It was so good to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen in a while. Here are some pics from the shower...


Me and the Bride, Ashley, at her shower.


Most of the girls with the bride to be.
Libby Feller, Alison Almefty, Michelle Miller, Ashley Gibbs,
Me, Carla Sawatski, & Ashley Kella.
On Easter Sunday, Bill and I went to church with my mom and step dad at Fellowship Bible Church. Bill and I joked that we felt like politicians when we left, because it was like every where we turned we ran into people we knew that we wanted to talk with. Service was a little over an hour, but we were there for about 2! It was fun getting to see people we haven't connected with in a while. After church, we went to my in-laws for a BIG brunch. Easter Sunday also happened to be my sister, mother, and uncle-in-laws birthdays! The biggest milestone being my sister in laws, because it was her 21st! So, lots of family, presents, Easter egg hunts, and food to be had! It was a great time. Here are some pics from Easter Sunday...

Me with my mom and Bill's mom

Me and Mom

Bill's cousins little girls. They were flower girls in my wedding.
Adorable, sweet, yet full of trouble. :)
In addition to a great Easter Sunday and fun wedding shower, mom and I got pedicures, did some shopping, and spent the day together on Friday. Then Friday night we all attended the big Easter production at our best friend Lori & Trevors church. It was sooo good. Its called The Kingdom, and they only have it every other year. They played several rolls, including Adam & Eve. hehe. Saturday night we spent some time with one of Bills long time friends, Cory Scott, ate dinner for Isabelles birthday at Cantina Laredo, and hung out with Lori and Trevor after their second night of the show.
All in all, we had a great weekend. Wish we could do it more often. I'll leave you with my favorite verse this Easter. He is risen, indeed!
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..."
-1 Peter 1:3






No comments:

Post a Comment